:: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think ab…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joel Roth
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think about "Suggest" and "Recommends" dependency?
On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 08:18:29AM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 12:36:22AM +0200, Franco Lanza wrote:
> > Personally on debian i was using from date
> >
> > APT:Install-Recommends "0";
> > APT:Install-Suggests "0";
> >
> > in all my install apt.conf.
> >
> > I don't like apt downloading and installing things that are not required
> > but just recommended or suggested, expecially in server or embedded
> > envs, but also on my desktop.
> >
> > What do you think if we make this the default in devuan?
> >

> Hi,
>
> please go on. Always hated to have too much garbage installed.

Note that for a minimal dependencies default, the options to
apt-get are not ideal. We have these two options related to
the dependency graph.

       --no-install-recommends
           Do not consider recommended packages as a dependency for installing.
           Configuration Item: APT::Install-Recommends.

       --install-suggests
           Consider suggested packages as a dependency for installing.
           Configuration Item: APT::Install-Suggests.

Looks like we need to add this:

       --install-recommends
           Consider recommended packages as a dependency for installing.
           Configuration Item: APT::Install-Recommends.

cheers,

Joel