:: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think ab…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joerg Reisenweber
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think about "Suggest" and "Recommends" dependency?
On Fri 03 April 2015 21:40:41 Joel Roth wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 08:18:29AM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 12:36:22AM +0200, Franco Lanza wrote:
> > > Personally on debian i was using from date
> > >
> > > APT:Install-Recommends "0";
> > > APT:Install-Suggests "0";
> > >
> > > in all my install apt.conf.
> > >
> > > I don't like apt downloading and installing things that are not required
> > > but just recommended or suggested, expecially in server or embedded
> > > envs, but also on my desktop.
> > >
> > > What do you think if we make this the default in devuan?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > please go on. Always hated to have too much garbage installed.
>
> Note that for a minimal dependencies default, the options to
> apt-get are not ideal. We have these two options related to
> the dependency graph.
>
>        --no-install-recommends
>            Do not consider recommended packages as a dependency for
> installing. Configuration Item: APT::Install-Recommends.

>        --install-suggests
>            Consider suggested packages as a dependency for installing.
>            Configuration Item: APT::Install-Suggests.

> Looks like we need to add this:
>
>        --install-recommends
>            Consider recommended packages as a dependency for installing.
>            Configuration Item: APT::Install-Recommends.

[quote man apt-get]
OPTIONS
       All command line options may be set using the configuration file, the
       descriptions indicate the configuration option to set. For boolean
       options you can override the config file by using something
       **like -f-,--no-f, -f=no or several other variations.**

       --no-install-recommends
          Do not consider recommended packages as a dependency for installing.
         Configuration Item: APT::Install-Recommends.
[/quote]

So maybe
      --no-install-recommends=no
or
      --install-recommends
or
      --no-no-install-recommends

actually I tested apt-get --install-recommends ( -s install) ...` and it seems
to work just fine. So probablyI misunderstood the "we need to add" which was
meant as "add this parameter to the command issued" rather than "add this
option to apt-get option parser / valid syntax"

/j

(sorry Joel for previous direct mail)