:: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I a…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joerg Reisenweber
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I am considering Devuan
On Thu 02 April 2015 20:30:23 T.J. Duchene wrote:
> > Where i come from ISP's dynamic IP lease times are *very* long, you need
> > reboot the home router to get a new IP and even then you may get the
> > same IP. It's not that dynamic, at all. Add that with data your browser
> > provides, your *.google.com in|direct usage, etc... it's easy to correlate
> > and monetize.
>
> [T.J. ] Hi, Nuno!
>
> I used to work for multiple ISPs, and I can tell you a few things for what
> little they are worth. The source and destination IPs are tagged on each
> packet sent over Internet. If you are tracking someone from a browser,
> which is a higher level protocol than DNS, you have no need to correlate
> DNS calls. Worrying about providers logging DNS traffic is a fairly
> pointless time waster.

Sorry I completely disagree here. Even a 10 DNS queries from my PC to 8.8.8.8
from the same temporary IP addr will allow far end to compare to a database of
fingerprints and spot me as the only person using those 10 URLs concurrently
and maybe even in this particular sequence. Add to that the usual ubiquitous
google adds that appear on every website you surf to, the DNS queries your
different services like IRC and mail client do and you don't need any gmail
account or "google for something" to give away a *complete* profile incl
timestamps of *all* your activities on PC to 8.8.8.8 statistical analysis resp
data mining.

/j