:: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I a…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: T.J. Duchene
To: 'Nuno Magalhães', dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I am considering Devuan

> Where i come from ISP's dynamic IP lease times are *very* long, you need to
> reboot the home router to get a new IP and even then you may get the
> same IP. It's not that dynamic, at all. Add that with data your browser
> provides, your *.google.com in|direct usage, etc... it's easy to correlate and
> monetize.

[T.J. ] Hi, Nuno!

I used to work for multiple ISPs, and I can tell you a few things for what little they are worth. The source and destination IPs are tagged on each packet sent over Internet. If you are tracking someone from a browser, which is a higher level protocol than DNS, you have no need to correlate DNS calls. Worrying about providers logging DNS traffic is a fairly pointless time waster.

T.J.