:: Re: [Dng] Devuan philosohy
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Linux O'Beardly
A: Steve Litt
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Devuan philosohy
Great list! Thanks everybody for your input, because for those of us who
aren't programmers, this helps clarify a lot of the reason why systemd is
less than ideal from a technical perspective. I'm more of a "if I can't
read it or write it in vi or manipulate it via a bash script, then it
doesn't belong in Linux" kind of guy, and I believe the reason why I have
such disregard for systemd is evident in the aforementioned statement. I
don't need to write a conf file that is actually a wrapper to a piece of
code that then configures how my machine runs, all the while with me having
no insight to what is going on inside; and yes, I'm aware this is a gross
simplification. However, your list and consequent addendums are great food
for thought. Educating the masses with fact, logic, and just plain old
good common sense is the only way to combat the idiocracy that the Linux
community as a whole has become. Thanks again!

Linux O'Beardly
@LinuxOBeardly
http://o.beard.ly
linux.obeardly@???