:: Re: [Dng] Freedom Logo
Author: Arthur Schopenhauer
To: dng
New-Topics: [Dng] logo bird
Subject: Re: [Dng] Freedom Logo
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:27 PM +02:00 from wojt <svarog@???>:

>It will be very beneficial for the project to be promoted with a logo which has a clear, strong and precise symbolic message: http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/File:Devuan_Freedom.pn
>What are your thoughts on this?

I agree with Anto and Hendrik, that the Debian logo shouldn't be there. It might be confusing to people who are not familiar with the Devuan/Debian/systemd problem. Ubuntu is a Debian fork, but it doesn't use the Debian logo, the same way that Debian doesn't use SLS or respectively the SL logo. I don't think that most people understand the scope of removing systemd from Debian, so the Debian logo might lead people to believe, that Devuan is just Debian with some optional packages. That should be avoided.
Another thing is the color. Personally I'd like something, that is a bit easier on the eyes.

I like the eagle as a symbol though. Maybe a nice green tone would fit better?

--
Kapitän Arthur Schopenhauer