:: Re: [Dng] Claim your power
Pàgina inicial
Autor: niels
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Claim your power
On 2015-03-31 10:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Neither systemd nor systemd upstream have any power over you.
>

> This is still *free* software.
>

> Stop giving your power away.
>

> Ciao,

the systemd discussion is most importantly not a technical discussion
but a discussion on its centralized design philosophy and how we (who
have just become) the alienated digital minority, should best respond to
these developments, even at this time we as a group are not consulted on
this subject.
The centralized design philosophy offers no real choice but to follow
that was is thought best for you, essentially marginalizing parts of the
free software developer community.
I would not be surprised if this centralized effort results in one
inconvenience compounded to another in the long run so clearly we need a
viable alternative (Devuan)
Especially stunning is also the post-snowden effect they are adding by
stating that they want a fully trustable OS - where everything can be
verified by a full trust chain for the lowest to highest level, you know
- to guard you from eavesdropping or malicious software whilst in
reality it is a single point of failure. Remember the security breach at
Diginotar in 2011? Privacy leaks have just grown to biblical
proportions.
Add a military contractor on top of that and conspiracy theories pop up
like mushrooms after a rainy day.