:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Author: Joerg Reisenweber
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Mon 30 March 2015 14:30:44 Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 30/03/2015 13:49, John Morris a écrit :
> > Simple. Systemd is only the tip of the spear in what appears planned as
> > a total reinvention of the OS. They aren't done yet. What happens when
> > the next major component of that plan appears upstream is something that
> > should be anticipated and planned for this time. We should not be
> > caught unawares again.
>
>      Seems to be happening pretty fast, even if the other thread is an
> Aprils joke.

>      Quoting Vlad: "Seriously this if true would be the first good thing
> to come out of the  systemd  team in a long time, why aren't we funding
> this?"

Excellent! Even *I* will fund it, provided that they do *one* thing: Rename
your systemd "Linux"->LennDows|PoetteringOS|RedHatOS, and leave true linux
alone. The linux trademark is owned and protected, I think they can't do with
linux whatever they want. All they may do is fork and take it elsewhere, like
e.g. Android did. And heck when will they finally do?

@Didier: I fully agree we should prepare for next impact that's prolly any
arbitrary piece picked from
http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html

/j