:: Re: [Dng] Puppy Linux, AntiX - was …
Author: shraptor shraptor
To: Martijn Dekkers
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Puppy Linux, AntiX - was Re: Puppy Linux-related thoughts
renaming root account does not leverage increased security in my opinion

It would be easy to find out new name of the "superuser"

So whats the advantage to rename root?

I run a puppy linux kind of os and automatically login as root, desktop
user
But I run critical applications as web-bowsers in a secured environment
using firejail - a kind of sandbox

As I understand it will in future releases implement --noroot that is
you cannot become root in that sandbox.

Every software can be hacked via bugs of course but hopefully
it wil make it harder for tha hacker

best regards

Scooby