:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:00:40 -0500
"T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

> [...]

T.J.

Do you understand what mailing list this is? Why in the *world* would
we go to the substantial trouble of depoetterizing Debian if we wanted
systemd to sneak back in via some form of API. And as far as the
majority of users having systemd, no, the majority of users have
Windows, and that doesn't tempt me to make the OS I work with everyday
more Windows like. "Most users" don't cut no ice in LinuxLand.

Hey, we're not telling you not to use systemd. There's Debian, Red Hat,
Fedora, Arch, OpenSuSE, and dozens more. Why you want Devuan to have
any accommodation for systemd is a mystery to me.

And speaking just for me, myself, and I, I *do* hate systemd, that's my
choice, I got kicked off Debian-User for that reason, I'm proud of
that, and if this all makes me petty, I'm proud to be petty. Hey T.J.,
you're not in ArmstrongLand anymore: *lots* of us here hate everything
systemd represents, and don't want the slightest vestige of it on our
machines.

SteveT