:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Author: Joerg Reisenweber
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Fri 20 March 2015 08:56:47 Go Linux wrote:
> I support this idea. Put all the systemd stuff in a 'quarantine' repo with
> the appropriate 'use at your own risk' caveats.

I'd like to suggest a more generic approach, based on (quick shot suggestion
to get refined) listing the number of direct and first(?) level indirect DEPENDS
and CONFLICTS, both for particular packages (yes I know you could look up a
listing of all those for each package already, just you don't have a simple
numeric value in the short description)
as well as for the complete distro: might be average per package and a total
for all packages. Getting that number as low as possible is the aim and
comparing it to other distros would give an easy way to see where we are and
whereto the situation evolves.

cheers
jOERG
--