:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Anto
To: Jude Nelson
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On 18/03/15 00:56, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hi Anto,
>
> I think the plan is to make the installation of all systemd components
> optional. The packages in git.devuan.org <http://git.devuan.org>that
> are cloned from Debian's sources have build flags set automatically to
> compile out systemd dependencies, for example.
>
> If you're wondering what's pulling in libsystemd0 in your above
> example, you could run "aptitude why libsystemd0" to find out what's
> pulling it in. If it's a package in Devuan pulling it in, please let
> us know!
>
> -Jude

Hello Jude,

I don't think "aptitude why libsystemd0" provide reliable information
about the package dependency. It shows indeed which package depends on
other package, but it checks the list on the repository instead of the
ones that are going to be installed and upgraded. As you can see below,
"knot-libs" depends on libsystemd0 but it is not on the list of the
packages that are going to be installed or upgraded.

root@v01:/etc/apt# apt-get update
Get:1 http://apt.devuan.org jessie InRelease [13.3 kB]
Get:2 http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main i386 Packages [8,251 kB]
Ign http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main Translation-en
Fetched 8,264 kB in 6s (1,319 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
root@v01:/etc/apt#
root@v01:/etc/apt# apt-get -u dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically
installed and are no longer required:
   libgd2-xpm libice6 libmagickcore5 libmagickwand5 libsm6 libxt6 x11-common
Done
   init-system-helpers libapparmor1 libestr0 libfftw3-double3 libjson-c2
liblogging-stdlog0 liblognorm1 libmagickcore-6.q16-2
libmagickwand-6.q16-2 libsystemd0 libudev1 openssh-sftp-server
   php5-json startpar
   anacron at bsdutils consolekit cron dbus dmsetup dpkg dpkg-dev
initscripts libck-connector0 libdbus-glib-1-2 libdevmapper1.02.1
libdpkg-perl libgnutls-deb0-28 libgnutls-openssl27
   libpam-ck-connector libpolkit-gobject-1-0 logrotate openssh-client
openssh-server php5-cli php5-common php5-fpm php5-gd php5-imagick
php5-sqlite rsyslog ssh sysv-rc sysvinit
   sysvinit-utils udev uuid-runtime
34 upgraded, 14 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 21.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
root@v01:/etc/apt#
root@v01:/etc/apt# aptitude why libsystemd0
p   knot-dnsutils Provides dnsutils
p   knot-dnsutils Depends  knot-libs (= 1.6.0-1)
p   knot-libs     Depends  libsystemd0
root@v01:/etc/apt#

I usually check the package dependency using "apt-cache depends".

Amongst the packages that are going be installed and upgraded, only the
following 3 packages directly depend on libsystemd0:

- dbus
- libpolkit-gobject-1-0 (required by consolekit)
- php5-fpm

I am quite sure that those packages were pulled from Devuan repository
as it is the only repository on my source.list.

If I may ask to request, I would prefer "init-system-helpers" to be
excluded from the dependency of all packages because it is clearly the
helper for systemd init only. So it should not be in Devuan if Devuan
would not provide systemd init (which I really hope would be the case).

The following packages from the above list directly depend on
init-system-helpers:

- anacron
- at
- cron