:: Re: [Dng] Devuan governance
Pàgina inicial
Autor: T.J. Duchene
A: 'Jaromil'
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan governance
Thank you, Jaromil, I appreciate the specific mention.

My purpose for replying though has little to do with gratitude. While I understand that getting Devuan "off the ground" is the absolute priority, I do believe that most of us are not personally acquainted with D-Cent or how it specifically applies to Devuan's situation. I think that it would be very advantageous that a temporary statement be issued by the VUA outlining a temporary governance of the project, with a more firm framework to be established at a later date. It will settle a lot of questions that people presently have, as well as preventing the diverting of attention away from the work when new people arrive asking questions.

It does not have to be something as extensive or nor as permanent as Debian's Constitution or Social Contract. Just a one page statement would do, and would probably go far in answering a lot of uncertainty. It would also begin legitimizing Devuan to the general public, who might be looking for some solid idea as to how far Devuan has progressed. A lot of the VUA chatter on the list is fairly pedestrian.

I realize that it really is not something that anyone really wants to do - I'm sure you would rather be coding - but sometimes those sort of gestures are important to others.

Thanks
t.j.