:: Re: [Dng] Devuan governance
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan governance

dear T.J. and others,

thanks for this thread, I think most of us and the VUAs find consensus
with the general principles that T.J and others have stated, also
regarding the pitfalls of majority voting.

Dyne.org is professionally involved as a research organization in this
EU funded project http://d-centproject.eu (FP7/CAPS 610349) focusing on
large pilots that also include emerging political parties engaging in
direct democracy and open rating systems for reputation and trust.

In the resources section of D-CENT you will also find extensive
literature we have already produced on theoretical and technical
frameworks that can be adopted in various situations to facilitate
"decentralized citizen engagement" and in general participation beyond
the canonical framework of XX century democracy as we know it.

I believe the D-CENT project offers solid grounds for innovating
governance also in large GNU/Linux distributions as we hope Devuan will
be one day. At the very least I hope it will offer experimental grounds
that everyone involved will be able to engage, comment upon and adapt
since all results are licensed as free and open source.

As Dyne.org continued involvement in Devuan is naturally following, I'm
confident we will adopt the tangible results of D-CENT in Devuan, for
instance to provide well accessible tools for drafting and deciding on
policies.

Right now we obviously have other priorities, but this discussion
certainly look at some common direction we will take after the 1.0
release. Ultimately I believe that the literature produced by D-CENT and
the mature tones of this discussion are even more solid than a declared
"manifesto" or "constitution" at this stage.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom