:: Re: [Dng] greets
Author: Go Linux
To: dng, Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Dng] greets
On Tue, 3/10/15, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 5:44 PM

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:04:26PM +0100, Peter Maloney wrote:

>> especially hope it doesn't say anything like "anyone can join en masse
>> and override all the decisions completely overnight".
>
> In churches, especially those rules by the congregation, this is called
> steeplejacking.
>
> My church has a rule that no one gets to vote until they've been a
> member of the congregation for at least a year. Thiw slowws things
> down.
>
> I'm not sure what the rule should be for Devuan.
>
> -- hendrik

Here's a story . . . my local food co-op recently had a vote to boycott a product. There are @16,000 members. In the end the vote was 639 for the boycott and 338 against. I call it the tyranny of the majority of the minority. Still leaves a bitter taste . . .

The point being that unless folks participate and have made a well-founded decision (not just on hearsay), democracy doesn't work very well . . .

I'm just a little ray of sunshine today . . . :)

golinux