:: Re: [Dng] Hardened Devuan (was Re: …
Author: Neo Futur
To: Adam Borowski
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] Hardened Devuan (was Re: Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is)
also answering here to jaromil about a grsec question on another thread :

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
>> I hope to be able to continue my Grsecurity/Pax Deployment in Devuan for
>> the Newbies (or of a similar title), like I did in Debian Forums (see my
>> first message in this thread). And about the rest of non-poeterware (and
>> related like, for me, dbus). Maybe in the Wiki, sure Devuan Wiki.

> I will be among the newbies following your guides: last time I've used
> grsecurity was long time ago, before I gave up the maintainance of
> dyne.org servers to more volunteers. Wondering how much has changed in
> 10 years or so.

quite a bit, new options and new features are regularly added :

https://grsecurity.net/changelog-stable.txt
https://grsecurity.net/features.php
https://grsecurity.net/compare.php

the patches are very actively maintained and working very well on
gentoo hardened, but once again I use only the sanitizing features,
not the RBAC system.

as a sysadmin, grsec have helped me quite a bit those last ten years,
most of the kernel security problems, 0 days, local roots . . . have
been useless against my grsec kernels ;) usefull ehen you provide a
shell to most of your customers/users !