:: [Dng] Hardened Devuan (was Re: Plan…
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] Hardened Devuan (was Re: Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is)
On 03/06/15 05:06, Neo Futur wrote:
>> the Grsecurity/Pax hardening of the kernel, will you think of it,
>> instead of SELinux, or as an option besides SELinux? It sure will be
>> attainable in the way I got it in Debian in that Tip, but official
>> support would be so great!
>
> https://git.devuan.org/groups/hardened
>
> we are a few guys planning to try and maintain a grsec kernel for
> devuan, for now we are waiting for a bevuan beta version before
> starting working on it.
> anyone interested, feel free to join !

*** I'm so happy to see this group. I've been using this kernel lately,
running on Parabola:

3.14.34-gnu-201502271838-1-lts-grsec-knock

GRSecurity, and Knock support. Knock is a kernel patch that enables
single packet port knocking [0], thwarting common scanning attacks. I
would love to see this running on Devuan. Parabola GNU/Linux was the
first distro to deploy it, and I've been using it happily with SSH.

==
hk

[0]: https://gnunet.org/kirsch2014knock

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/