:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Top Pagina
Auteur: miroslav.rovis1
Aan: dng
CC: neofutur
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 10:25:53AM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

> On 6 March 2015 09:06:45 CET, Neo Futur <dng@???> wrote:
> >> the Grsecurity/Pax hardening of the kernel, will you think of it,
> >> instead of SELinux, or as an option besides SELinux? It sure will be
> >> attainable in the way I got it in Debian in that Tip, but official
> >> support would be so great!
> >
> >https://git.devuan.org/groups/hardened
> >
> >we are a few guys planning to try and maintain a grsec kernel for
> >devuan, for now we are waiting for a bevuan beta version before
> >starting working on it.
> >anyone interested, feel free to join !
>

> That's great. I think Katolaz has also expressed interest in this?
>
> If the group will produce a stable release, it will be for sure included in our package repository.
>
> Furthermore frel free to request a space on our gitlab
>
> ciao

That look so great! I just browse and saw, you, Neo Futur, and other
three members of the hardened group.

If I manage to follow you, it's an if, but I hope I'll be able to, I
would like to transfer in world-wide understandable English things that a
newbie needs to know to deploy grsecurity-hardened kernel properly.

My case is, almost as soon as I learned how to compile grsecurity into
vanilla kernel, almost that soon I started the tip on Debian Forums, and
apparently managed to explain what was necessary for newbies newbier
than me.

I have "attacked" the RBAC system and finally have it properly deployed
on my Gentoo, and for newbies it is so much more work than the compile!
I really wish to teach the new Devuaners the real
security/privacy/freedom so that they can enjoy what I finally enjoy
with RBAC deployed.

Just as I posted today, in the leader of grsecurity-hardening distro,
;-), the Gentoo:

Updating and keeping your Gentoo non-poeterized
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1012022.html#7713052

(Bear in mind that I wrote this before learning about the your hardening group
waiting for beta, pls. And before Jaromil's reply.)

--
And I really hope to influence the nascent Devuan the new sun (as a friend of
mine from Debian Forums, edbarx, calls it), so they pick up some of the spite

Because for the masses not advanced enough, which Debian served well before
committing suicide with systemd, Devuan the Debian non-systemd fork will be
much less learning than Gentoo, and if they get from Gentoo this
security/privacy/freedom, then the world, yes!, will be that much freeer, in
this Big Brotherly age...
--

And pls., pls., the opt-out from dbus as well (see the whole link I gave
above).

Jaromil, Neo Futur, notice that I'm only an advanced user, and am slow at
work, not repeating here other issues I might have as hindrance...

But I'm passionate just like you are about freedom in computing and the
internet.

I hope to be able to continue my Grsecurity/Pax Deployment in Devuan for
the Newbies (or of a similar title), like I did in Debian Forums (see my
first message in this thread). And about the rest of non-poeterware (and
related like, for me, dbus). Maybe in the Wiki, sure Devuan Wiki.

If that is the space that Jaromil is talking about? (I can log in, I also
posted my ssh key, I hope I'll be able to contribute somewhere somehow).

...Aaah, the beta, we're all impatient for the beta release!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia