:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
* On 2015 05 Mar 07:22 -0600, Jaromil wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Mar 2015, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> > Mutt is on my todo-stack
>
> in case you fancy an out-of-the box setup of msmtp, fetchmail, mutt and
> notmuch search over maildirs plus abook integration, have a look at
> https://www.dyne.org/software/jaro-mail :^)

Thanks, I will also read more on this. Your selection of tools closely
mirrors mine except that I use esmtp as I had some issue with msmtp with
my mail host and also that the former will handle local (daemon, etc.)
mail. I've been using Mutt/fetchmail/procmail since 1999 as memory
serves. I switched from exim (which always defied my ability to
understand it, apparently, even though I had set up Sendmail once upon a
time) to esmtp several years ago.

> I certainly plan to package it for Devuan.

Cool.

Last year I switched from using Vim to Emacs as my terminal email
editor. I'm not 100% satisfied as of yet as in tmux it doesn't allow me
to place the cursor with the mouse and I have to remember to use Alt-F
and Alt-B for word movement when I'm used to Ctl-Left and Ctl-Right
arrows. More reading to do when I get bored again. :-D

Pros of this workflow include having email stored on a machine
controlled solely by myself, access from anywhere by the use of SSH so
long as I have my private key, lightweight tools that free up system
resources for browsers with too many open tabs, and a focus on the text
rather than the presentation. It's not easy to adopt, but few things
worthwhile are easy at first. Now there isn't GUI mail reader that I
would switch to.

- Nate