:: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with…
Author: Gravis
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with Jesse - was simple backgrounds
> On 03/02/2015 08:13 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
>
> I appreciate that, but I personally can't see how the problems of
> garbage collection in Java are related with good or bad programming
> practices,

it's an problem with garbage collection in general, not just with Java.

> or with a supposedly terribly long chain of dependencies
> required by Perl and Python modules somebody mourned about earlier in
> the thread :) And I don't get how this relates to the development of
> Devuan, after all...

this specifically relates to your discussion with TJ that you "[cut]"
out of your response.

TJ: "Contrary to what most "modern" programmers would like to promote,
I do not believe for one second that mandatorily garbage collected,
bounded languages create better code design."
KatolaZ: "I honestly can't see all this failing around of code written
in Python, Perl or Ruby :)"

you said you didn't see the code failing, i explained why you didn't
see it and that it is happening.

--Gravis