:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News XI
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News XI
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 03:12:54PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 07:22:26PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> > > Could you please cease ??kickass?? here -- for people read your news
> > > also, but such rudness leaves them nothing but to shrink from your
> > > writing. Thanks again for the news though.
> >
> > ???kickass??? is not even a swear word.
>
> I think we're seeing cultural differences here. What may not be a
> swearword in one community may be in another.

Over here, those who are more particular about such things consider "ass"
to be a somewhat vulgar term when referring to the posterior rather than
a male donkey (and "kick ass" refers to the aforesaid pportion of the
anatomy). Not quite a swear word, but something to be avoided.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham