:: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
Author: Nuno Magalhães
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM, hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:
>> Awesome! As it is the planet-wide project, why make it necessary to
>> translate even logo into languages? - Let it be just graphical stuff.

+1

> *** Why is everybody looking for the One Ring to Rule Them All? Can't
> we have unity through diversity? Are we all subject of Mordor's torpor
> and subjugation?
>
> I'd like to see logos I can't read: in Cyrillic, in Mandarin, in Arabic,
> ... If "if" makes a great logo for English-speaking people, what makes
> a great logo for Indians? Embrace cultural differences for freedom sake!

That's not diversity, that's exageration. So you wany a logo with all
the alphabets of the world? Latin, cyrillic, greek, hiragana, "those
thai things", arabic, etc, etc, etc.. Nah... i'd go with a simple
graphic logo. No words. Or go with esperanto. :) Fine, lojban (but i
haven't started learning that one yet - it's on my ever-growing to-do
stack). :p

And why penguins? I think in terms of non-conformity, the platypus
makes much more sense.

There's an interesting topic lurking here, though: support for
translations, UTF-8, internationalization and localization, etc. IMHO,
Devuan should support as vast a spectrum as possible, out of the box.
Even on larger distros i feel the support is a bit subpar.