:: Re: [Dng] A New Video and Text I ca…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] A New Video and Text I came across.
On 02/26/15 14:36, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:48:12 -0500
> Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> wrote:
>
>> Not mine.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYpnbbONrKw
>>
>> Clarke
> Oh my gosh, that guy (he calls himself Fireicer Cooper) really is in
> love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing.
>
> Just gotta be amazed when this guy suggests *yet another abstraction
> level* to unite systemd, openrc, and sysvinit (he conveniently leaves
> out all the rest).
>
> I can't even tell whether he has an opinion, or what that opinion is,
> but he's a perpetual motion machine mouth hooked to an empty brain.
>
> By the way, I did a 10 minute search on this guy, found no resume, no
> authoritative material, but lots and lots of comments on other peoples'
> stuff. With friends like Fireicer Cooper, we don't need enemies.

Hi Steve,

I doubt his parents baptized him as Fireicer Cooper.
The text is IMO pretty much to the point, agreed the audio presentation
drags and rambles on and on.

I gave him a thumbs up anyway, it's better than most of the YouTube
rabid systemd fanboi crap put out to convince the already convinced.

I think what he was trying to get across for was the complication and
confusion caused by the lack of swap-ability of systemd and its
components, while still trying to walk some middle ground.

Agreed a further interface/abstraction layer to accomplish this
interchange and enforce it on all potential interacting components would
be insane almost as insane as the de facto forced adoption of systemd in
the first place.

In actual fact all this should have been handled by systemd and its ever
increasing number of components to allow them to interoperate with the
existing application infrastructure. This of course would have made the
systemd based Linux operating system even more of a bloated POS and
counter the cleanliness that was one of it's "get the foot in the door"
selling points. If it had gone that way we wouldn't even be here.

I think the way things are going with Devuan, Trios and the distros that
have resisted systemd will get the point across.
I'm sure the migration away from systemd will largely go unnoticed until
it hits critical mass and by then nerds, geeks and the majority of Linux
servers will be systemd free.

Clarke

P.S. Google thought the alias Clarke Sideroad was more acceptable for
Google+ registration than my real name, I don't really exist except on
maps. (-;