:: Re: [Dng] Logind alternative (spoil…
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: Oz Nahum Tiram
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Logind alternative (spoiler: Consolekit fork)
On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 22:40 +0100, Oz Nahum Tiram wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I was getting desparate thinking there will be no alternative to
> systemd's logind.
>
> I also saw the consolekit was depreciated for quite a while. Alas! I
> was happy to
>
> find this just now:
>
> https://github.com/ConsoleKit2/ConsoleKit2
>

> I would be happy to see this packaged for devuan.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Oz

To quote the original Star Trek: "There are always possibilities."

There are shims available also, as well as two separate efforts to
replace systemd completely while trapping its calls: systemdbsd and
uselessd. Personally, I like the name of the last one, it has a nice
ring to it.

he only reason that people are pitching a fit is because the major
distributors want to use "the easy way out" - which happens to be
systemd right now. In a few years, something else fashionable will come
along.

Systemd-login, and indeed, all of Lennart and Siever's fiefdom
"systemd-dom" is merely an annoyance, nothing more.

t.j.