:: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
Author: Jaromil
To: etech3
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, etech3 wrote:

> +1 hendrik

yes, we will not cover up boot with framebuffer stuff for sure.

so to say

Devuan is sugar-free and doesn't makes your computer fat :^)

> May I suggest some timeline milestones here (which I know is around
> to the Devs). I for one would look forword to a working base install
> with no DE. That could be a alpha 0.XX milestone.

well, its sad if one does apt-get install xfce4 and systemd comes in.

however, DE-free then the pre-alpha valentine is already it.
perhaps we need to remove the Debian branding.

the CI and package repository also is close to be ready and there is
a loginkit build in it :^) http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/

right now the progress is in nextime's hands with the git structure
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-maintainers/wikis/GitPackages

and after this and some documentation is in place on how to add packages
to jenkins, we can start spinning all pkgs-base into our repo and have
the alpha ready :^)

ciao