:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jude Nelson
À: Noel Torres
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
> Why not? If I were a developer and I had a library or service doing part
of my
> work, I would link to it and delete duplicated code on my side.

If logind could be run fully independently from systemd, I don't think
there would be as much of a controversy.

This is why I don't really buy the explanation that "we don't depend on
systemd; we just depend on something that implements systemd's interface"
as an excuse for depending on systemd. That's like Microsoft saying
"Silly Linux users, MS Word doesn't depend on Windows, it just depends on
something that implements the Win32 API and DirectX." While technically
true, it hides the fact that the degree to which they depend on the API is
so large that the "something that implements the API" must effectively be
re-implementation of the very thing we were trying to avoid using in the
first place.

-Jude