:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Noel Torres
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
On Saturday, 21 de February de 2015 18:52:22 Nate Bargmann escribió:
> * On 2015 20 Feb 11:56 -0600, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:59:33 -0800
> >
> > Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:
> > > We all knew this was coming . . .
> > >
> > > KDE Will Depend on 'logind' and 'timedated' in 6 Months
> > >
> > > https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=15/02/20/101235
>
> Following on here since I inadvertently deleted Go Linux's post.
>
> Ughh, so they will apparently drop "legacy" support. Why? What does it
> hurt? Why is backward compatibility anathema to these people? I
> couldn't care less if they want to use various systemd services, but why
> can there only be one way? Imagine the chaos if the maintainers of the
> C library behaved in a like manner (okay, we'd have Python, but I
> digress ;-).
>
> I guess that I am simply too dense to "get" the current paradigm.
> Actually, I do get it and this is now simply unacceptable behavior from
> supposedly free software projects.
>
> - Nate

This is the same as depending on a library like QT.

The article specifies it will not depend on systemd as init, just on its
services logind and timedated.

Why not? If I were a developer and I had a library or service doing part of my
work, I would link to it and delete duplicated code on my side.

I do not re-program printf everytime I need some output.

er Envite