:: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
On 02/21/15 09:14, David Harrison wrote:

> What about an Init Freedom Group? Freedom sounds more postitive to me
> than 'free of', though it's seen some iffy use in recent years.
>
> This kind of thing work at two levels. 'Member/Supporter of', meaning
> it's a goal or a sponsorship target, or you're sympathetic. And
> 'certificate', meaning the distro confirms there are no nasties lurking
> in the init woodshed.
>
> It would work for packages too, for example any DE that steers clear of
> hard systemd dependencies, or succeeds at rehab...
>
> This makes the badge a source of pride rather than a retrograde step.

*** 100% agreed.
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-art/blob/devuan-alpha/graphics/init-freedom/if.png
(my display tricked me into believing the 'f' was shorter, but the
somehow the result is interesting: the bodies are centered parallel
segments ;o)

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/