:: Re: [Dng] The value of good docs: w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: KatolaZ, dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] The value of good docs: was pre-alpha-valentine on qemu
On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:48:02 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:36:38AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > Then KatolaZ exactly documented the four steps to installation, and
> > I said "I can do that in my sleep, while doing other work!" So I
> > did it, and it worked (although slowly because -enable-kvm wasn't
> > in the commands). KatolaZ' four step document.
> >

> Sorry guys for forgetting the -enable-kvm switch, but as I said I was
> practically asleep when I wrote the nano-howto. Fortunately this was
> spotted quite soon :) Hope this has not had a bad impact on potential
> DVNRs (to be read "Devuaners" :P) ...
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

KatolaZ,

Quite the opposite. I congratulate you on your great four step
document. That doc singlehandedly got me to try pre-alpha Valentine.
The fact that you left out one thing is trivial because it brought us
very close to the exact four instructions. I think too many people
decide not to write such docs in order not to risk leaving something
out, but my belief is the perfect is the enemy of the good, and besides
that, if you write good docs, somebody is bound to find and point out
any deficiencies, along with suggested corrections.

The only bad effect it had on me was the happiness I got getting it to
work. My doctor told me every happy person eventually dies.

:-)

I'm copying the dng list because, for whatever reason, your post didn't
make it to the DNG list, even though your post was addressed to the DNG
list.

Thanks again for the great instructions. Keep up the good work.

SteveT