:: Re: [Dng] About Devuan's audience
Author: Alberto Zuin - Liste
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] About Devuan's audience
IMHO, an user who wants a very complete "easy/ready to use" desktop
probably will go to Mac OS or to a distro specialized to be a desktop
(Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, etc.).
The most part of Devaun installation will be server, because avoiding
systemd on it, is not only a philosophical purpose.
The people who will use Devaun as desktop, will be "power user" so the
only important thing is to let the user choose what packages wants to
install and not create a complete DE as default at the moment of the
installation (like Ubuntu/Mind/Fedora does).

Ciao,
Alberto

P.S. I'm one of the firsts: I manage about 150 debian server
installation without gui, but my two desktops are a MacBook Air with
Mac OS, and an Arch Linux workstation with Gnome (and systemd,
networkmanager, pulseaudio and all these horrible things). Franco, are
you happy? ;-)