:: Re: [Dng] successfully manually rem…
Author: Luke Leighton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] successfully manually removing systemd and libsystemd0from debian and still maintaining a working desktop
<karl <at> aspodata.se> writes:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl <at> lkcl.net>:
> > http://lkcl.net/reports/removing_systemd_from_debian/
>
> I'll try that.

awesome. if you'd like to keep in touch (through this list
if that's ok with the dng team?) i can perhaps advise if you
get stuck. it would be interesting also to know what packages
you have that are dependent on libsystemd0. for example,
i removed cups-daemon, but you might need it.

> > * disabling udev
> > * returning to manual keyboard and mouse configuration in Xorg
> > * adding a huge number of manual entries to /etc/modules
>
> I'm fine with that, and I compiles my own kernels.

great. if you've dealt with linux for a long time you probably
remember what it was like to edit xorg.conf, or, maybe, like me,
you have sections that are still there and just had to update them
:)

also i feel that anyone who has dealt with embedded systems
such as openembedded, opie/familiar and so on, this really should
not be hard for them, either.

l.