:: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linu…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.20 (4.0?)

hi

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, joerg@??? wrote:

>    As you may have read, Linus Torvalds considers to call the next
>    Linux release 4.0 instead of 3.20. Many people have been wondering
>    why, but

yea read that back a year ago. makes sense.

>    there is one quite radical feature hidden in the new version.
>    - OverlayFS now supports multiple read-only layers.

FINALLY!

and I hope btrfs and zfs advance. I use the latter, real good stuff

raidz and snapshotz to the masses

>    - Continued support improvements to Sony's PlayStation 3 with Linux even
>    though Sony no longer supports the "Other OS" functionality.

very interesting! is there already a signed firmware by those who
cracked it? just like it was with the xbox? I guess so... there is
plenty of those around, are they still low on RAM?

>    Kernel live patching makes KDBUS and systemD support mandatory!
>    Who will maintain our kernel fork? Or maybe we should just move on
>    to OpenSolaris, the only true Unix left? We have been warning
>    people of this happening, but they did not listen!

trololololo

ciao