:: Re: [Dng] OT: Programming languages…
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] OT: Programming languages again.
On Saturday, February 14, 2015 09:27:57 AM Didier Kryn wrote:
>      No no , T.J. , I don't think your emails are a nuisance. I was
> rather thinking of mine, having expressed all sorts of frustrations on
> this list while the good guys are silently doing the job we are all
> waiting for with great hope. I was just thinking it was not very polite,
> and therefore I was just trying to moderate what I had said. I know
> others have been more pushy than me :-) .

>      Didier

I never felt your expressing your frustrations was a problem. In fact, I
appreciate them, as there are few people outside of programmers and hobbyists
who understand them. Commiseration is not bad thing.

I've already considered you to be very civil and that is much appreciated.

As for doing work on Devuan, I'd like to help, but I honestly do not have a
sense of where to begin. The dev teams seems very quiet and isolated, which
is okay - but it makes them seem less approachable if you are on the list. I
would very much appreciate it if the core team posted a weekly list of things
that need doing, as well as an email address to someone to whom we can
coordinate efforts so that we do not swamp the list.

I can understand if they don't want too many members in the core team. It
leads to QA problems. All I would like to do is help out, and then submit the
work for quality assessment. After that, it is up to the core team.

T.J.