著者: Mihamina RAKOTOMANDIMBY
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"

On 02/12/2015 09:21 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
> Agree. That's exactly why, IMHO, we should focus on what GNU/Linux
> does better, and refrain from gladly and blindly embracing the last
> miscarriage-piece-of-software "for the good of the large masses of
> desktop users".

One solution is to clearly segment distributions: It's bad to have a
desktop oriented distribution and a server oriented one on a shared
baseline.

I think Ubuntu and OpenSuse really rock on the Desktop side. They should
have pushed very far the desktop line and let the server to other
distributions. They have

Ubuntu almost made it with JeOS (http://goo.gl/nppaEs)

OTOH, IMHO Debian should not try to deploy on Desktop.