:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Author: Usspookes Lovesystemd
To: Nate Bargmann
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
Answer: Yes

Case in point: /etc/profile

"# The default umask is now handled by pam_umask.
# See pam_umask(8) and /etc/login.defs.
"

Perl+TK gui scripts from 2012 (that's only THREE years ago)
not working under debian stable anymore (when they worked under 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 etc... but not 7.8... yes that's "stable" distro there).
(Bastille-Linux)

Since when was TK ever supposed to change or things be
(gay voice) Deeeeppreeeeciaaaatteeeddd!!!!!!

But nothings going to be done about it, will it.
You people here also use the excuse "that's a decade out of date, I can see why they dropped it!"
(Yes 3 years is a "Decade", and SysV is also ... some years... "out of date":
that's called COMPLETED, MATURE, DONE)

We have less security than we did a few years ago.
That is by design. The people who force this on us should be punished.