:: [Dng] Kali Linux has systemd?
Author: Ed Ender
To: dng
CC:
Subject: [Dng] Kali Linux has systemd?
On 2015-02-10 19:52, Wim wrote:
>Hi,
>

>Mark inquired about the source of my info on kali. I just saw kali on the
>list at:
>
>http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Operating_systems_without_systemd_in_the_default_installation
>
>Decided to do some research. Apparently, systemd is already present in the
>latest kali 1.0.9:
>
>https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?24275-Ran-updates-and-now-no-GUI-at-all
>https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?23603-About-Kali-Linux-and-systemd
>
>It appears the list isn't up-to-date and they should take kali off.
>

>Cheers,
>

>Wim

I have removed Kali from the wiki since I put it there. But......

I have Kali 1.1.0 (2015-02-09) and can't find systemd in it. I have apt-get updated & upgraded.

Using [find / -name systemd*] I have found 2 folders & 1 file:

/etc/systemd
/lib/systemd
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/gdm/systemd.js

And noticed sysvinit at boot.

Can you confirm that systemd is installed in your installation? And if so, how you got it?