:: Re: [Dng] LILO
Author: Daniel Cegiełka
To: bill.m.moss
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] LILO

> LILO will not boot an UEFI. ELILO will. The switch is automatic, based
> on the firmware. I boot wheezy on two HP laptops w/ Lilo. Grub-2 had an
> ulcer with the HP UEFI. Do not think it was a grub-2 problem since I
> have it working fine elsewhere but an HP problem.

and more:

* LILO will not boot if you use something else than the MBR, this means:
* LILO will not boot if you GPT.
* You will not use HDD bigger than 2TB.

and:

* LILO will not boot if you something else than x86/x86_64, so you
will not use lilo on eg ARM.
* LILO will not boot if you use RAID.
* LILO will not boot if you use BTRFS.
* LILO will not boot if you use partition-less schema (raw hdd):
https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/msg00480.html

and finally:

"NOTE: I plan to finish development of LILO at 12/2015 because of some
limitations (e.g. with BTFS, GPT, RAID). If someone want to develop
this nice software further, please let me know ..."

http://lilo.alioth.debian.org/

Conclusions? If we want to use lilo, then, we need to add this
functionality. I like this idea, but this means a lot of work :/

Daniel