:: Re: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it …
Author: emninger
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it quits
Am Sat, 07 Feb 2015 12:00:02 +0000
schrieb dng-request@???:

> I am a crunchbanger, and my sense is that the community was fine with
> systemd, that it intended to roll right on in to Jesse without asking
> any questions. The thinking was "Crunchbang is based on Debian, and
> so it will follow Debian's lead."
>
> (It was a really great distro while it lasted)

I was - and practically i'm still - a crunchbanger in some way
(actually i use a "copy" of the crunchbang desktop with fluxbox and
slackware because i encountered problems with powermanagement since
the systemd passage). I'm not sure you're right about the comunity
feelings.

I can imagine there are many problems with the openbox based scripting
of corenominal and systemd. But, from his words i get the idea he
believes LXDE (LXQT) and Lubuntu (which will be LXQT based from this
year on) will be more useful for the users than crunchbang could be in
the future.

In any case it's a pity since crunchbang was a great distro for those
who don't need or wish icons on their desktops.

A last point: The big conky thread in the crunchbang forums is one of
the best sources for conky.

In any case, it's really sad news that crunchbang ends :-(