:: [Dng] fd leak in evdev patch (was: …
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: Jack L. Frost
CC: dng
Subject: [Dng] fd leak in evdev patch (was: Re: Announcing libsysdev 0.1.0)
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 08:46:13PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 01:11:39PM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > I've just released libsysdev 0.1.0.
> > Source code may be found at:
> > https://github.com/idunham/libsysdev/archive/0.1.0.tar.gz
> > (I'll have to tag releases using a different approach.)
> >
> > There's an initial port of xf86-input-evdev to libsysdev at:
> > https://github.com/idunham/xf86-input-evdev

(in the sysdev branch, once again)
I looked over this again and noticed that there's an fd leak;
I've pushed a fix for it, which seems to work here.

> Packaged both for Arch:
> https://git.fleshless.org/pkgbuilds/tree/libsysdev
> https://git.fleshless.org/pkgbuilds/tree/xf86-input-evdev-libsysdev
>
> Did not test, so if anyone wants to, that'd be nice.

Thanks!
(Though I don't use Arch.)

The point of the patch is that you can now use evdev without udev.

By the way, I'm about to try sending this upstream (to xorg-devel).
My main request to this list is please, don't bring the flames and
complaints about udev over there.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham