:: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
Author: KatolaZ
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 08:11:54PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 10:13:09PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> >
> > My point is that if you need to care about boot loaders (or
> > recompiling the kernel, or shrinking/extending a couple of
> > partitions), then you should know exactly what you are doing, or be
> > ready to accept the consequences, or refrain from doing anything :)
>
> My point is that it should be easy to learn what it is you're doing.

I got your point and I mostly agree with the necessity of producing
useful documentation. Just I don't see why the official documentation
of a distribution (something like the Debian Reference) should include
a guide on how to recover your system when you have messed up things
with a specific bootloader, e.g. LILO, which is something extremely
rare to happen to 99.99% of the typical users :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]