:: Re: [Dng] The countdown
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Philip Lacroix
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] The countdown
Greetings

Am 24.01.2015 22:29 schrieb Go Linux:
> I know a few folks who are expecting Devuan to fail miserably. As the
> deadline approaches, I'm hoping that you guys deliver the BEST Debian
> Jessie EVAH and prove these nay sayers wrong. Last progress update
> was about a month ago IIRC. A current update might go a long way
> towards silencing these skeptics. Just a suggestion . . .

I guess that hard work is being done and there's no time for marketing,
which is fine. To those skeptics, this is the answer:

Am 25.01.2015 14:21 schrieb KatolaZ:
> I believe the reason why Devuan exists is to provide a serious
> and reliable alternative to the systemd nonsense, not to show anything
> to anybody out there :) I liked what was the classical Debian motto,
> which suggested that releases should happen "when it's time", not
> accordingly to a fixed or prescribed schedule.

«When it's ready». There's another illustrious example of this sane
approach: Slackware. And believe me, the resulting product is excellent.
Let me quote this from the web site:

> It's usually our policy not to speculate on release dates, since that's
> what it is -- pure speculation. It's not always possible to know how
> long
> it will take to make the upgrades needed and tie up all the related
> loose
> ends.

(http://www.slackware.com/faq/do_faq.php?faq=general#5)

My hat's off to you, Devuan devs, for your noble effort. Thank you.

Philip