:: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulse…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulseaudio replcement
John Holland wrote:

> Thanks for this info,it got me further with Jack than I
> ever have gotten before! Do you have any tips on how to
> route jack sound to an hdmi output? (The outp u t works
> with raw alsa)

Even if you don't have a sound card, you can test jackd with

jackd -d dummy

To associate the JACK daemon with your soundcard, you need
to first find the device name.

cat /proc/asound/cards

Look for what is listed in square brackets. On my notebook:

 0 [MID            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel MID
                      HDA Intel MID at 0xf2620000 irq 43
 1 [Loopback       ]: Loopback - Loopback
                      Loopback 1
29 [ThinkPadEC     ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
                      ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw 6IHT37WW-1.12

I usually want audio device 0, called "MID" (not to be confused
with MIDI, a data format for digital music.)

jackd -d alsa -A MID

So, you just have to find your HDMI device name and plug that in.

Hope that helps,

--
Joel Roth