:: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server stat…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: libbitcoin
Subject: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server status
In the server stack:

libbitcoin
libbitcoin-blockchain
libbitcoin-node
libbitcoin-server

I've resolved outstanding build breaks and warnings for all supported
platforms:

OSX/clang
Linux/gcc
Linux/clang
Windows/vc++

There is one exception for Linux/clang, a minor issue pertaining to
libconfig++: https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/issues/15
However I am planning to strip out the libconfig dependency in favor of
boost::program_options (as was done in bx), in which case this will be moot.

There is also an intermittent libbitcoin-blockchain test failure in
Linux/gcc builds and on Windows. I haven't had time yet to track that down.

I believe that Amir is working out down-level support for the two
modified APIs. This should mitigate migration concerns, as API changes
would be non-breaking (additive).

I haven't started API testing against the server yet, but from a build
standpoint it's in good shape. You can easily install the entire stack
locally to a prefix directory as follows (assumes you have installed gcc
4.8, libconfig++-dev and the standard build tools):

$ wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/master/install.sh

$ chmod +x install.sh

$ ./install.sh CXXFLAGS="-Os -s" --disable-shared --build-gmp
--build-boost --prefix=/home/eric/prefix

You can then run initchain and bitcoin_server as follows:

$ cd prefix/bin/
$ mkdir blockchain
$ ./initchain blockchain
$ ./bitcoin_server

Once we remove the libconfig dependency the above steps will produce a
single portable statically-linked 2mb executable. We're also planning to
fold initchain into the main binary.

To build for testnet just add the --enable-testnet switch to the
install.sh command line above.