:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin stack s…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin stack status, debian release
I've updated the roadmap PDF to be current on the libbitcoin side:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin.github.io/blob/master/libbitcoin-roadmap.pdf

This is basically the manifestation of the changes laid out in Toronto and documented here:

https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/Libbitcoin

* libwallet was folded back into libbitcoin (within a sub-namespace).
* libbitcoin-network remained inside of libbitcoin (also within a sub-namespace).
* BIGNUM (OpenSSL) was removed in favor of GMP, secp256k1 and some internal hash functions.
* The SX work in the TODO section became BX (libbitcoin-explorer).
* Obelisk is now folded into libbitcoin-server, completing the major roadmap tasks.

Extensive BX documentation is available on the wiki:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-explorer/wiki

Additionally the build system is contained in libbitcoin-build. Build artifacts are generated for each libbitcoin-repository from a master XML document using GSL.

https://github.com/evoskuil/libbitcoin-build

The artifacts are:

configure.ac
<package>.pc.in
install.sh
.travis.yml

These Travis configuration builds for 6 different platforms (for each repo) and executes for each pull request and each merge. These cover linux/osx, clang/gcc, ndebug/debug, static/dynamic, test/example/tool builds and test execution and other configuration variations. Without this automation maintenance of reliable builds would be absolutely infeasible at this point.

Current versions of all repos are listed here:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-build/blob/master/documentation/versioning.pdf

Obelisk should be deprecated in favor of libbitcoin-server once it's ready, at which time the obelisk repo will be archived to spesmilo, along with sx and libwallet.