:: Re: [Dng] vdev update and design do…
Author: Aldemir Akpinar
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] vdev update and design document
On 2 January 2015 at 10:58, Jude Nelson <judecn@???> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I just thought I'd post an update on vdev, since I'd mentioned earlier
> that I was shooting for packages by now. It will take a couple more days,
> but I'm pleased to say that the pre-alpha vdev can do the following:
> Snip

Dear Jude,
Firstly, I'm really sensing that vdev is going in a right direction,
especially by listening to the users.
I'm just thinking out loud, what would you (and others on this list) think
about a static-dev mode. Which is, on the boot vdev will populate dev and
exit. And possibly on root's request (manually) it will update /dev.

Nowadays I'm thinking about going the static dev approach but mknod is a
pain for every server install, and it's definite that I'll forget about
something and will cause problems at the most awkward point in time.

Many thanks for all the time you've spent on this project. I think it will
be a good one.