:: Re: [Dng] NetworkManager alternativ…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Isaac Dunham
A: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Cc: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [Dng] NetworkManager alternative
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 01:44:39PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 26.12.2014 21:09, Mauro Cicio wrote:
> > I gave up on NM and I am having a great experience with wicd
>
> Just switched my Ubuntu notebook to wicd, some days ago, and it
> seems to work quite well.
>
> One thing which is still sucking: it uses the ugly dbus.
> Perhaps I'll find some time to rewrite it using fuse.

dbus is probably used to communicate with wpa_supplicant; the alternative
is using UNIX sockets or using wpa_cli, which in turn uses UNIX sockets.

The protocol seems to be some ASCII-based protocol where you open two
sockets, wait for acknowledgement, write a one-line command to one
socket, and listen to the other for the response.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham