:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin stack s…
Author: caedes
To: rdks, libbitcoin
New-Topics: [Libbitcoin] Obelisk toolchain for darkwallet gateway
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin stack status, debian release
I'm only answering one part, related to darkwallet's release process.

On 30/12/14 21:31, rdks wrote:

> And does it actually make sense to invest the effort into the
> sx/obelisk stack's build system or would it be a better idea to push
> libbitcoin-server/-explorer and release and package that as opposed
> to obelisk/sx?

We need a package that works for running the gateways for darkwallet
(for which i'm not sure about the versions which is part of the problem
in packaging or making it easy), so I think we should get that done.

The other possible path is new versions and adapting darkwallet for the
new protocol, but we have a tight schedule since would like to release a
final 1.0 version in 1-2 months (and main focus is now in other areas).
That said, if the servers can be deployed in time then we can adapt, and
always would prefer running with the latest goodiness that will come
with the new protocol and architecture.

Having an easy to install server component is critical for us.

Thank you for your efforts :)

Greetings!