:: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulse…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulseaudio replcement
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 08:08:57PM -0600, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> >Package: pulseaudio
> >---- 1st group-------------
> >libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31), libsystemd-login0 (>= 31),

> You can compile up to at least PA 4 without any references to
> systemd. I should know, I've personally backported to Wheezy, more
> than once. I would not take Debian package data as any indicator of
> any real dependency, period. All it says, is that the default
> package was setup to depend on this or that. It may have nothing to
> do with actual compile dependencies at all.

PA 5 detects systemd headers at configure time and does the right thing if
they're absent. All you need to do to liberate the jessie package is to
remove the following:

control:    libsystemd-login-dev [linux-any],
control:    libsystemd-journal-dev [linux-any],
pulseaudio.install:usr/lib/pulse-*/modules/module-systemd-login.so

> If you want my humble, and probably meaningless opinion - Devuan 1.0
> should not be Jesse based, but a clone of Wheezy with updated
> backports and a new kernel. You're going to run across more and
> more packages from Jesse with dependency data that includes this
> kind of crap.

Quite a few of us are running jessie or sid systems without libsystemd0,
this is a done and tested part.

You can grab my packages from:
deb             http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd main
deb-src         http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd main
(key at https://angband.pl/deb/archive.html)
-- amd64 only but if you want another architecture or some missing package,
shout.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets. Instead, contact the nearest temple