:: [Dng] Fwd: Re: Devuan Weekly News …
Góra strony
Autor: Jaromil
Dla: dng
Temat: [Dng] Fwd: Re: Devuan Weekly News IV

On 24 December 2014 04:13:52 CET, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 02:23:41AM +0000, Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
>>
>> The question is: is it worth to continue the Devuan Weekly News
>effort
>> when "the people leading the project" issue a different news page
>without
>> coordinating with DWN?
>
>I'd say yes.

me too!

>> Instead of digesting for you the week on the mailing list, I want you
>> think carefully and say if Devuan Weekly News
>>
>> a) is useful
>> b) should be coordinated with such announcements
>
>The difference between Devuan Weekly News and project leaders page
>
>is
>
>the difference between journalism and official announcements.

yep! good way to put it

also VUA updates are press releases to all donors and intereted people, not just this mailinglist
and are developers made updates, also missing a lot
also they are informed by the weekly news

>I'd be sorry to see DWN news stifled now, before there's enough
>experience with it to learn how it would be most useful.
>
>Experiment.

yep! and even better than a mail, can be a blog or anything producing an Atom/RSS feed

plus using a wiki to co-edit so others get involved asynchronously adding things during the week

>> Will there be an Issue V?
>
>I hope so.

me too

>> Thanks for reading so far
>
>You're welcome.

let us know if we can help, there is a wiki on git.devuan.org and we can open a weekly-news project and make Noel owner so he'll be able to add more volunteers

ciao