:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud
Página Inicial
Autor: hellekin
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud
On 12/21/2014 02:53 PM, Ayan George wrote:

> I have to admit: I've been following the list and Ruben's posts and I
> think by in large he makes good points.

*** I think you're right. But his good points are entirely lost with
his aggressive, dismissive, defamatory attitude. Despite that horrible
attitude, Jaromil has been addressing all of his dark points in a polite
manner, and the berserk is still striking.

> It is fine to have a loosely organized and headless organization where
> we chat about how much we hate systemd, speculate about naming
> conventions, etc. It is another to ask for donations to an effort with
> nebulous leadership and goals.

*** I don't think anyone here hates anything. Hate is certainly not the
right attitude when the goal is to provide choice. People are free to
donate or not. Most do because they know who they are dealing with, and
there's no mystery about it, contrary to what Ruben Safir wants to
believe.

He would be right to be circumspect regarding whether he wants to donate
or not, or whether the project is legitimate or not, but he's wrong to
come all weapons clear and striking before anything can be said.

> I think Devuan should have held off opening a public mailing list until
> there was an initial release to serve as a starting point for
> development, demonstrate who's doing what, and to establish legitimacy.

*** It's not what happened. Welcome to the Latin world, where you first
make a lot of silly noises and gestures with lots of people, and you end
up with a delicious pizza to share with friends and family :)

The advantage I see to that method rests in the genuinely collective
effort to establish a collective way of solving issues, as opposed to
the super-heroic way of the enlightened individual bearing all on his
shoulders and asking for followers.

The foundational myths of projects differ with the culture they came from.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/